Weddings on the beach are gaining a lot of popularity due to their very scenic setting and the intense trend of fusion. The modernity of a destination wedding can be fused with interesting rituals and the beauty of nature. Most couples like to solidify their relationships amongst their friends and family and a beach gives them a chance to have an impromptu vacation while they are planning their wedding.
The popularity of destination weddings has been translated to an exceedingly new array of fashion with beach wedding dresses. These dresses are a blend of tradition and modernity. They exude romance and yet they are flirty and very usable as cocktail dresses to some future high profile event. However, while selecting your dress, you have to go through the usual pre-planning to make sure that you have the best choice on hand. Here are a few choice tips:
1. Beach weddings are usually performed outside. This is why, it is important to have a more fitted dress. The wind and the sun outside should not be able to jostle your dress. Yet, you can leave a trailing hemline to create a more romantic effect.
2. If you are planning a sunny beach event, make sure that your wedding dress reflects the playful choice. Too elegant or too detailed dresses will actually ruin the effect that you are going for. Off shoulder or low necklines are the usual choices and the hemlines are more reminding of lawn dresses rather than too constricting wedding styles.
3. If you are planning a beach wedding in a colder climate, you can choose flirty and shimmery shawls as an accompaniment to your dress. Pashmina are a great match for most beach styles.
4. Colors for a beach event can range from white to a rainbow of colors. However, more often than not they are veering towards pastels. Green, blue, and pink are also quite popular for such weddings. However, you have to make sure that your dress is matched perfectly with your groom’s dress for the event. There is nothing more damaging for the entire look than a style mismatched bride and groom on their wedding day.
5. The material for the dress should be in accordance to the wedding theme. You should choose thinner more breathable fabrics for your dress to keep in tune with the setting of your wedding. Chiffons are a great choice in this regards. You can also choose light silk fabrics or even cotton.
6. The transport of the dress is an important factor to consider during the beach event planning. You can choose a designer form any part of the world, if you have this particular aspect of the wedding within your control. Make sure that your wedding planner or your maid of honor is updated of the situation and they are on top of the details required to transport your dress to the venue.
Ultimately, just enjoy your event and the special time you can spend with your loved ones on the beautiful beach.